Blog Journal #9

Being a distance learner this semester is not something new to me as I have been one since March2020. In my first months as a distance learner, it was a bit hard to navigate through everything on my own but with time it became easier. I like that I am able to do my own assignments at my own speed and also the flexibility. Something I dislike about my distance learning experience is that sometimes professors are hard to reach and that it is easy to lose track of due dates and keep up with readings. When I am a teacher I will improve the experience of distance learners by providing them with short readings that are able to actually get done and sending out reminders of due dates to help them stay on track along with making a GroupMe with my classes, or even on Edmodo where they are able to reach me faster.

 
Open Educational Resources are of great use to teachers as it gives them options of different learning activities that they are able to incorporate into their class. Being a teacher means you always have to come up with different ideas and sources to keep your students entertained and vary the activities. A source that my previous professors and high school teacher have used in the past is Lumen Learning. This website is amazing for teachers that want to keep the cost low for assigned books and also includes many different ways of incorporating student success. 

Some new skills I acquired from working on the two PowerPoint assignments were learning how to use the recording feature to present a lesson possibly from remote. I also learned how to use the navigations buttons and that was very interesting. Overall, I learned many skills that I could use in the future. I would definitely say that I do not like how short I did mine and I also believe that adding brighter colors would help as well to keep it vibrant. In the future, I would make both presentations longer. 





Comments