Blog Journal #6


The first time I saw Diigo I thought it looked odd and very complex to use. After creating an account and having to use Diigo for my portfolio assignments I can say it is quite the opposite. While it looks complex, it is very easy to understand. One of the main things I like about using Diigo is that I am able to annotate the page and be able to see it directly on the post. I now truly agree that looks can be deceiving. I would very much consider using this Web 2.0 tool in my classroom in the future. 

Since the beginning of this class and finding out we had to create our own blog, I really liked the idea. Being able to express myself through a blog and also posting on it allows me to truly enjoy this class more than I already do. I like how we are able to have a blog for our posts only and not all of the students together. During the blogging process I have learned how to keep up with online media and making sure my site looks tidy and organized. 

An interesting Web 2.0 tool that I might use when teaching would be TikTok. As you all may know Tiktok is an app that allows you to create content and express yourself and has many different uses. I would implement this tool in my classroom by having a tiktok account as a teacher where I would create videos with condensed information of my lectures, therefore students are able to refer back to it and also duet me if they have any questions. I believe it is a good way of interacting with the students and the students interacting within other students as well. I would allow my students to create an educational account where they follow educational accounts and post content for assignments where they are able to be creative and express themselves. 

Here is a link to TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/en/



Comments