Blog Journal #4

-The grade level I chose from the standards for ELA list is 12th grade. The standard I selected was LAFS.1112.RI.3.7 "Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of information presented in different media or format." The standard describes the use of different kinds of online media in classrooms such as Google books or Excel to teach their students or to use it for the purpose of creating content for classroom or activities for the students. I feel prepared to implement this standard based on my current skill set since I have been using media for quite some time now and I am very creative with media. There are also many technology tools that are able to be implemented into the classroom to teach the students, therefore, I believe that knowing how to use some already and being creative I would be able to implement this standard. 

- The tool I chose from the tools in the CPALMS is "WL.K12.NM.1.3" this tool is used to teach 12 grade students a targeted language, I would use this tool to teach my students Spanish. This tool is used as interpretive listening by using information or concepts or even ideas orally from their own experiences so that they are able to understand the language. I would use this tool as sometimes teaching a new language with just using the regular way such as learning, hi, hello, thank you or other words that are similar is boring. I think incorporating other things such as relating the words to other words they might know culturally would be nice. 

- I think it is very important to be a proficient Internet searcher as a teacher specially during these times because you are constantly needing to look for information or even ideas for your classroom and the internet has it all and sometimes it has the stuff that not even books will have. It is also important as it can help with grading papers and making sure students are not plagiarizing. Although we have learned a few skills this week I definitely believe that the one I will use the most is how we can customize the filters on the google search bar. I believe this will help me save time while looking for information and sort out any articles that are in and out of my interest. 

Comments