Blog Journal #3

 When we talk about copyright we are referring to a form of protection that is given to the authors or the creators of an original work. This allows everyone to receive credit for every work they create, otherwise everyone would freely use each others work without giving credit. Having copyright means have authority over who can use our work. Fair use is when others use someone else's work without having permission from the author or creator depending what is it being used for and the amount used of the work. As a teacher, it is very easy to find instructional material online. If I were to ever use any material found online, I would make sure to see it is for public use, otherwise I will not use it. When I create my own instructional material, I will make sure to have copyrights that no one is able to use it without having permission from me depending on the material. As far as students creating their own work, I will make sure to inform them about copyright and fair use. 

One technology implementation issue is decreased productivity. Given that with today's technology students spent most of their times doing assignments on their computers or completing in-class assignments I will make sure to monitor my students computers. I will let them know that no tab besides the one for my class is allowed to be open. I will let them know that they have a limited amount of time to submit the assignment in class which will give them less time to be distracted. Another technology implementation issue is academic dishonesty. With such advanced technologies students are able to use different websites to change work that they have copied, however, with advanced ways to cheat, comes systems to be able to detect copied work thoroughly. I will let my students know that every assignment they submit will be submitted through a plagiarism system and if it finds any plagirism they will be risking their grade and possibly face a suspension. I will let them know they can reach out to me if they are having any doubts on how to start an assignment and I will help them as long as they are not copying someone else's work. 

Working on the Newsletter allowed me to expand my knowledge and skills within Microsoft Word. After finishing my Newsletter I gained skills such as being able to make a theme of colors meaning that all the colors in the paper look if not the same within the same theme, I learned how to make a document more visually appealing along with learning how to properly use the two column feature. I would say that I could improve my newsletter in the future by using the WordArt feature more, I used it twice but I wish I would have used it more specially for my header. The skills that I learned from this assignment can be used in my future career as this can benefit me when I need to create assignments, flyers or even decoration posters in my classroom. 





Comments