Blog journal #1

My name is Georgina, however, I go by the nickname of Ghina. I'm a third-year student at Florida State University and I am a criminology major with minor in education. I am from Miami but moved up to Tallahassee to come to FSU. I came up here through CARE, which is a program for first-generation students that has helped me immensely. I am a dog mom to an all white Siberian husky, Saint, whenever I am not studying or at school I spend my time with my dog and exploring parks with him. I enjoy finding the little things in life that make me happy and finding the good in the bad. I strive to always be happy and at peace with myself.

Throughout college I have used different technology resources. I have had to use Flipgrid multiple times in my classes to introduce myself and I once used it to do a speech. I have had to use Lon-capa to turn in assignments. My professors have each had one or two websites that they require us to use for their course, one being this one. Using technology resources in an educational setting has been very efficient and beneficial. I have found that it makes it very easy and interesting for the course and makes it all come together. I hope that throughout time, I hope that using technology becomes more incorporated in in educational settings. 

For my personal learning networks, I often use Tik-Tok to find tips on becoming more organized and how to manage my time around studying and doing homework. Although Tik-Tok is used as an entertainment app, there are many accounts that give daily tips on how to study and achieve academic goals. Youtube is also another website I use to search study sessions related on a topic that I am currently studying on. Quizlet is a huge help to my personal learning as I create different methods of studying on their app or even search for study guides that have been created before. When it comes to my personal learning networks, I always keep an open mind as long as it is helping me achieve my goals. 

Comments